Program Awards Criteria
- Promotes or incorporates elements of the American Inns of Court mission
- Presents information in an entertaining or captivating way
- Poses interesting questions or challenging subjects
- Presents legal issues in a new or creative way
- Raises ethical questions
- Addresses current legal issues
- Contains complete research to support the program
- Can be replicated by other Inns and contains a complete set of materials
By implementing each criterion, as well as addressing the educational value and quality of the research for the program into your submission, you will produce a well-rounded program and enhance your Inn's chances of earning an American Inns of Court Program Award.
Program Awards Recognition
- Listed on the American Inns of Court website
- Listed in The Bencher® magazine
- Listed in Inns of Distinction Gala booklet
- Special seating and early bird registration for the annual Inns of Distinction Gala held in late July
- Included in the online Program Library
Submitting Inn programs also earns your Inn credit in the Achieving Excellence program.
Program Award Submissions
- Programs must be submitted within 60 days of the presentation date to be eligible for award consideration. Programs received after April 30 will be considered for the following Program Awards year.
- Submit programs via e-mail.
- Electronic program submissions are required and should be sent by e-mail.
- Large files such as videos or PowerPoint presentations should be uploaded to a cloud-based file sharing service such as OneDrive, DropBox, or Google Drive. Please send us an email with the link to your files. Questions about submitting files can be sent by e-mail.
- Please include a complete set of materials along with a Program Submission Form.
- Incomplete programs will not be eligible for award consideration.
- Only programs originally presented between May 1 and April 30 are eligible.
If you have questions or need further information about submitting a program, the Program Library, or Program Awards, please send us an e-mail or call (571) 319-4713.