Effective and consistent administration is the key to a successful Inn. A strong foundation in administrative procedures ensures a smooth transition and operational stability from one year to the next as Inn leadership changes. Well-developed administrative procedures allow Inn leaders the flexibility to focus on creating a valuable Inn experience for members.
File one-time with American Inns of Court Foundation
- Become and remain a chartered Inn in good standing
- Obtain an Employer Identification Number (Tax ID) and file with the national office
- File a Group Tax Exemption Option Form with the national office
- File a copy of the Inn's approved bylaws with the national office
- Record any law school affiliations with the national office
- Develop and implement an Inn leadership succession plan*
* This item may have previously been submitted to the national office. If you have submitted this in the last five years, you are eligible to use the Recurring Item Confirmation Form.
Ongoing Inn Administration Requirements
Inn Administration Resources
Do you have questions?
If you still have questions about the Inn's tax-exempt status or whether the Inn has the proper forms on file, please contact your Director of Chapter Relations.